Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Time For Study

I had to go to the SSA to correct some issues with my number and now am on my way to becoming a full-time student again.  Excited is a calm version of what I feel at the moment and it feels exhilarating to know that I will once again have a direction.  I have an email for school now and some workshops start tomorrow.  I signed up for two and assignments have to be completed by the end of the week.  I told my school counselor I didn't want to wait--I needed to do something so voila!

I have had to turn down two job offers because of the non-compete form I signed when I joined the company I just left.  Suffice to say that I will be checking into that further to see if there's anything I can do, but the form is fairly clear cut.  Once again, that area is something I can't focus on too long about or it will consume me.  I've found that if I talk with certain friends I used to work with the feelings return, so I try to direct them to something else other than what is happening there.  I do not need to know anymore!

Hubby is working today; may be working late (almost like two shifts).  God knows we need the money, and we still want to see my daughters and grandson, but it gets lonely.  Haven't heard from my daughters for a few days so I'm going to call later and make sure all is well with them.

My focus for today:  Be thankful,

No comments:

Post a Comment