Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Back To School!

My first day actually doing something for school...school really doesn't start until next week, but I joined a couple of workshops to get me "in the mode" for school...now I have assignments, reading material, and questions to ponder.  It's great!!!  I have deadlines for each day, and at the end of the week there will be a "test" of sorts. What a feeling of empowerment and usefulness!  I feel a sense of direction and purpose, and it's great.  The stress is there, but this time it's a positive kind.  SERIOUSLY!!  I don't have the negative stressors that I had before.  I could listen to some former business associates and allow myself to go back down there, but I've adapted a different strategy; listen to them, empathise, and move on.

The time I'm spending with my husband has been so rewarding lately.  I feel like things are changing so much for the better as I have more positive things to think about.  Certainly, the idea of my not having a job at this moment is worrisome, but I know that if I continue to look I can find something while I'm doing my schooling.  For now, I'm told to relax and enjoy-so that's what I'm doing.

Haven't talked with my daughters for a few days.  Left a message, but I'm sure they're busy with their lives and will call me when they can.  I miss them.  My husband and I discussed flying there to see them, but the dollar signs were too much.  Now it seems our next plan is a drive (approximately 6 hours one way) which will be less expensive than a flight.  I think we'll probably stay at a hotel, rather than have them put us up, as it can be a burden to their lifestyles.  Whatever, that will be an enjoyable trip.  I can't wait!

Have to go back to studies..later!

No comments:

Post a Comment