Sunday, May 12, 2013

It's Been Awhile..

It has been so long since I've been here...life seems to have a way of doing that to a person.  After I dropped out of school after my cancer diagnosis, for a long time my days were occupied with going to the hospital, getting treatment and going home to wait out the inevitable effects of my chemo therapy...nausea, vomiting, fatigue, pain, and general malaise.  Two weeks later  I was starting the same routine all over again.  The most exciting day was last July, when I had my last chemo treatment (so far--fingers crossed).  Not having to have chemo has been both liberating and sobering.  Liberating, yes, because it was an indication that I was, at least for the moment, in remission.  Sobering, because there was no guarantee that my cancer would not come again.  Something one has to balance in the scheme of things, because if there is no balance between the worry, fear, and excitement, life begins to take on a decidedly dreamlike aura (and I would prefer to keep that at a minimum, thank you very much!)

Which brings me to what has been happening in my life recently.  Becoming a grandmother again, renewing friendships, and dealing with other physical issues seem to be the focus this month, at least.  My beautiful daughter had an amazing little girl whose name is Bella Rose Marie (no need to be maintream) and I am ecstatic! My only hope is that I can see both her and Mama soon, along with sis Heidi.  I'll keep it in God's hands and do what I can do down here.

The surgery I've had is surgery for my torn rotator cuff that I didn't even realize I had (can you believe it??).  How does one have a torn rotator cuffing without knowing????? I suppose for me it could be that so much was going on that my shoulder pain was low on my list of priorities...saving my life was more important!

Anyway, it's on week two and my shoulder still hurts tremendously...from what I've read and what my doctor tells me, I had at least another six to eight weeks of recovery left.  The good thing is that there is a rainbow at the end of this bridge.  Unlike cancer, there is a definite beginning, middle and end. I am grateful for that.

Actually, I'm grateful for a lot of things.  I don't think there's enough time in the day or paper in the world to list all that I'm grateful for, because it seems to grow and evolve every day.  In general, though, I think the world "everything" pretty much sums it all up. Have a blessed day,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment